Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thank you to the BJD Community

I've been very very busy lately, but in a good way.

Now that I've finally had a chance to be able to catch my breath and reflect on the past month or so I wanted to be sure to send a thank you out to the BJD Community. I've had an absolute blast keeping UberOtakuDesigns filled with work to do. I love the satisfaction I get from making fellow collector's BJD ideas/characters come to life. Doing this not only gives me a way to utilize my artistic tallents to make other's dreams come true, it also has really helped me to make my BJD dreams come true.


Here is another creation I helped come into fruition via Uber Otaku Designs. Meet Mezzo! (Doll owned by HeavenlyRiot)
Mezzo Commission

I did his Face and Lightening arm (his right arm) back in December, and just did his Fire arm (his left arm) this week. Its nice to see a doll fully come together. I did some extra work on his face and lightening arm this week to try to help tie all the work together. The focus/reference and time frame for each commission was different - so it was a fun challenge to tie them together.

Mezzo Commission

Mezzo Commission


Uber Otaku Designs has been far bussier than I ever thought it would be - and I love it! It has helped me get another one of my grail dolls - Yerith my SOOM MD Chalco. He is my Red Bull. His one goal is to control and consume all other things magical. He's constantly after my Herd of unicorns, especially the lady Amalthea.


I purchased him second-hand - and the transaction couldn't have been more dreamy. Great seller and great product! I bought him completely fullset (all clothes, extra blushing, eyes, wig, etc) and he came with extra goodies.

I did a video box opening for him - as I try to do for all of my dolls.


I also have some lovely pictures of him to share below.

Here he is fullset:
BJD-Arrival-Yerith - 03

BJD-Arrival-Yerith - 04

BJD-Arrival-Yerith - 11

Here he is with his correct eyes:
Yerith

And just in case you lovely people are reading this and are interested in commissioning me please check out the links below:



<3


( 11130V) ~> ( 11514V)

1 comment: