Sunday, June 1, 2008

Convention Tour 2008-Day 17

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 100
I felt like this earlier

Well I am on my way home from my convention tour, man have I had a good time, but I will be glad to be home!

So I am uber glad that I re-packed everything yesterday! I wouldn’t of had time to today. I ended up being able to fit everything into my original big bag and another bag that I had packed (Thanks to Jesse!) So that those could be checked in and have my boy (which I decided to name him Lennir by the way) and laptop with me on the plane.

We got everything un-packed from the con into the Van successfully and then went to take Elden’s friends Julie and Sarah out for lunch before taking them to the Bus station, and us to the Airport. I had a yummy Country Steak with mushrooms ^_^. Julie and Sarah were pretty cool, I wish I had been able to spend more time with them.

Elden then dropped me off at the airport but in the wrong place!!!#$!@%#! lol It wasn’t his fault though, the signs said it was the correct place. I had to walk all the way from section 10 to 32. I was running in the BLAZING Texas heat with way too many bags almost hyperventilating (I felt like someone with asthma). I had all these people asking if I was alright and staring at me because of the bad wheezing I was doing, but I ended up getting checked in ok. The security people got a laugh out of Lennir. One old gentleman asked “Is it a boy?” I laughed and said yes.

My flight has a layover.... and I was looking at the wrong ticket for my gate number. When I got there I was very lucky that the airport gate numbers skipped that one gate only, lol. I asked a very nice old man to help me out and we figured out I looked at the wrong ticket. So I then got on the tram to go to the correct section to the airport. I then also noticed that my flight was for 20 minutes before the other flight.... so I got to my flight JUST on time.... *sigh* so lucky!! I also got an aisle seat... YAY. More room!

I sat next to two people from the convention, but they weren’t very interested in talking >.<

I was worried I would not make the connecting flight because it landed a minute after the departure time of my connecting flight and everyone was slow to get off!! Luckily my flight was at the terminal right next door and they were waiting for transfers from my plane. So I got on alright. I took out my sketchbook and started using my water brush to paint and one of the other passengers behind me noticed my painting and we had a nice chat. Her and another passenger took a look at my sketchbook and they really liked it. I gave the nice lady a card so hopefully she will read how pleasant my flight was because of her ^_^. My battery is almost dead... >.< and I cannot charge it on this plane. I have the adapter!!!! /cry

No comments:

Post a Comment