Monday, August 30, 2010

Time to upgrade Gaius and Lum! (Jointed Hands and instruments!)

So I decided to get jointed hands for the two dolls I play with the most.... Gaius and Lum.

I've had a rough time lately and I need to be able to focus on something I enjoy. Jointed hands will really increase what I can do with Gaius and Lum.

It makes so much sense to upgrade Gaius especially because he is a musical genius and plays all kinds of instruments. Lum is getting jointed hands so he can be more expressive. He is a performer.
Here is Gaius with one of his guitars
Playing with D60 for the first time - 04


Dikadoll-MSD-Jointed Hands
I have tried the boy short nail hands (first set on the left) on Gaius and I did not care for how pudgy/rounded the palm was. I noticed the palm for the girl hands are much more streamline so I decided to get girl hands for both Gaius and Lum.

I did decide to get the long nail hands for Lum and the normal nail hands for Gaius. I am very excited about the resin match. I am hopefull the resin match for Gaius will be pretty good (Cereberus Project Normal Skin paired with DikaDoll Normal Pink Skin). I am pretty sure that Lum will not match very well though. (Cereberus Project Beauty White paird with DikaDoll White) I think the White is a much more stark paper white than the creamy white which CP uses. That should be ok though... the MSC I have right now will make them match better once I spray the hands and the MSC has time to oxodize/uv exposure.

I am also pretty sure I will be modifying the nails on Lum's hands to be less.... fake witch claw-like. They will probably end up being square cut... maybe.... we'll see

Dikadoll-MSD-Jointed Hands-Resin Match
Here is Dika's photo for resin match...

I have also found a drum set which I am dieing to get for Gaius. It "should" be in scale except maybe the stool....
MetallicaDoubleBass
It is supposed to be in scale with the 10" guitars I already have for Gaius. I asked for some measurements and the drum sticks are 1" long (decently scaled). The base drums are 5" in diameter (which seems about right). But the stool is only 1.5" tall... and that seems a bit short, but of all the items to be off in scale... that would be the one I'd choose. I can make my own stool easier than any part of the drum set.

There are also a good number of Guitars I would like to get... but that will have to wait (and I need to narrow down which ones I want)
I know I definitely at least want to get this one for Miyavi (Its very close to one he plays)

( 4126V) ~> ( 4272V)  

No comments:

Post a Comment