Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The adventures of being an adult

Blame Photobooth for no photo at the moment
Photo 2

Plans for the day:
1) Eat breakfast ASAP! I'm hungry!!!

Kevetch for the day: (To complain persistently and whiningly)
1) My stupid iSight has started acting up. It isn't recognized as a camera with photobooth like 90% of the time. 2% of the time restarting photobooth fixes it, the other 98% of the time I have to reboot my laptop. SO annoying.
2) I have ramen to eat for lunch T-T

Positives for the day:
1) One more day closer to getting my Minifee parts and outfits.
2) I get to have a cup of coffee and oatmeal when I get to work.

Today's Topic:
Being an adult, and how it can really suck and/or rock.

Reasons why I love being an adult:
1) being able to stay up as late as you want (and then reaping the effects of such the next day at work T-T)
2) being able to have your own place thats all for you.
3) Being able to decorate like you want.
4) Making your own decisions for your own life - living like you choose, not how others want you to.
5) Making your own money
6) Spending $6 on a cup of coffee and loving every sip of it.

Reasons why I dislike being an adult:
1) having to pay bills
2) its now even harder to find friends who have an imagination, some sense of youth, fantasy, adventure in them, and friends that actually stick with you.
3) having to plan things... Everything has to be routine.
4) making your own doctor appointments and such
5) kids... bleh! You run into them a lot more as an adult... more people have them, talk about them, are obsessed with them.
6) Its so hard to let go on a day off and not think about the things you "should" be doing, if you aren't already doing so (Laundry, Paying Bills, Dishes, Organizing, Studying for Certifications). I find it hard to just let go and watch movies all day, lay in bed all day, surf the net all day, watch people at a coffee shop, etc.

I wasn't consciously coming up with an equal number of reasons why I like or dislike being an adult. I just wrote them down as they came to me. I am kinda comforted by the fact that they ended up balancing out. To me that means that maybe my life is going right, maybe I am the way I am supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment