Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Convention Tour 2008-Day 14 Version 2.0 - Fanime

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 055

Reflection on Fanime:
So I really had a great time. I met too many great people to be able to remember them all! I have the worst memory, especially with names. -_-;

Friday I dressed up as Mana from Moi Dix Mois.

Real Mana様~~~~~~>mana-sama-en-live
Here is me half-assedly dressed up as that... Everything other than the wig and make-up was a throw together. son don’t judge it too bad. Even the hair needs more work... it needs layers cut into it, and more tall spikes, and some longer straight lengths to hang down...

And I didn’t put “DIX” on my forehead.

Convention Tour 2008-Day 8 - 23

Convention Tour 2008-Day 8 - 31

Convention Tour 2008-Day 8 - 37

This outfit wasn’t as much of a hit as the Merveilles Mana outfit I wore on Saturday, but that is understandable. It is quite gothic, dark, and un-approachable.

I actually had people that I worked with at the con that had seen me in my normal clothes (bright colorful and shaven headed). When I came in the next day wearing my Mana Merveilles outfit they were asking Elden where I was. It was really funny. Makeup can drastically change the way a person looks.

I Also bought my Dollzone Super Dollfie Yuu that day. The guys and gals at The Junky Spot were so awesome! They were patient with me and answered all my questions! I even was able to play with as many of the dolls as I wanted. I had narrowed it down to a Hid (Mini Super Dollfie sized Ball Jointed Doll) or a Yuu (a 70 cm Ball Jointed Doll (Normal Super Dollfie dolls are 60 cm). The joint system was better on Yuu, and it would have been easier to do detailed face-ups and make clothing for a bigger doll.

The lady that helped me is pictured at the top of this journal entry. She was really awesome! I never got her name though ;_; . I hope that she and Emory keep in touch. I want to learn her name... lol I also wish I had taken pictures of their booth. They had some of their own personal customized dolls that were gorgeous!

BJD-Convention Tour 2008-Day 8 - 54 copy

BJD-Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 11 copy

On Saturday I wore my normal bubbly bright colored clothing and made allot more friends that way. Everyone wanted to talk to me more.

Convention Tour 2008-Day 9 - 13

Then on Sunday I wore my Merveilles outfit. This was the first time I had tried out this white face makeup. It turned out pretty well i think. I do think I will make the blue around my eyes more exagerated for the Hall Cosplay Contest at A-Kon. Here is a reference photo of the real Mana様

Malice Mizer-Mana-Le Ciel-Concert - 0023

The white face makeup made quite the difference. I really felt I looked allot more like Mana様. I felt very much like a celebrity because so many people wanted to take their picture with me instead of just a picture of me. It was quite surreal! When someone would ask to take a picture with me I would ask if they could take one with my camera too, that way I could remember them.

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 014

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 023

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 018

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 029

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 033

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 036

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 038

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 039

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 040

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 044

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 046

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 048

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 055

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 057

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 060

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 064

Convention Tour 2008-Day 10 - 070
Sunday I don’t really have much to report on. I was REALLY tired. Wearing that white face makeup and fake lashes on both your top and bottom lids while working all day in this complicated outfit is very exhausting for your face.

Fanime was great and I hope to keep in touch with the people I met!

No comments:

Post a Comment